Saturday, July 27, 2002

Where are my toys, Mom?

I visited an historical toy exhibit at the Liberty Science Center last night--it was Member Night, and we took my son--and was amazed to see many of the toys I played with as a kid on display. Matchbox cars, Silly Putty, Slinky, Frisbee, Mr. Potato Head, GI Joe in his space capsule--all now considered antiques, I suppose. And what does that make me? Oh well, a lot of those toys are still sold today . . . . I don't know what happened to all my toys. A lot of them would probably be worth a fortune now.

We also saw an IMAX film there about all the unusual critters that live in Australia. It's a dome theater, so the picture surrounds you, producing an amazing effect of "being there." It's funny how the eye can fool you into feeling like you're flying above the Australian outback, even while you're sitting still in a comfy chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?