Thursday, January 02, 2003

Quote of the Day

"...you need to stop, sit down, think, question yourself, look at your actions and ponder what you've become. And how somehow love for your side in the fight became hatred for the other.

"Let me be very candidly specific. ...You need to get a good psychologist and a good holy man or woman, a priest or rabbi or minister--or how about all three--and figure out why you're turning everything in your life into politics. Because I have to tell you what I know: Politics is the biggest, easiest way in all of America to avoid looking at yourself, and who you are, and what fence needs fixing on your own homestead."
--Peggy Noonan (not someone I'd ordinarily quote; I wonder if she takes her own advice.)
Thanks to Hullabaloo.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?