Saturday, April 12, 2003

Haiku 10

As icicles drip
The small fire warms my hands
I want to go home

Suddenly, it's spring here. Last week, winter returned with a vengeance, but today it's 70 degrees (F). Such schizophrenic weather! I often think that what we see on the outside is a reflection of what's going on inside us. This is a time of transition. We're heading into an uncertain future as a nation, I think--standing at a fork in the road. Everyone is afraid, on some level, and fear makes people do strange things. We all want to "go home," I think, but we don't know how to get there. It reminds me of a scene from a Marilyn Monroe movie, The Misfits. "How do you find your way home in the dark?" Marilyn asks Clark Gable. "Just head for that big star straight on," he says. "The highway's under it--it'll take us right home."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?