Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Can You Tesser?

A friend of mine is interested in quantum physics, higher dimensions and so forth, and can actually discuss it intelligently. I also find this stuff interesting, though I'm more at the "gee whiz" level of watching PBS documentaries on string theory. After a recent e-mail exchange about "transactional analysis" in quantum mechanics, and speculation about time and distance being merely ways of "ordering the world," I said:

"But can it take me to Alpha Centauri and get me home for tea?"

"Only if you can tesser," he replied.

All of which reminded me of a gallery I stumbled across online, which features images generated using "eight-dimensional algebra." Take a look if you're in the mood to see some bizarre blobs from the twilight zone: Octonion Gallery #1

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?