Monday, February 14, 2005

Strange Days Indeed

Strange Days Indeed

One of those days. I was on my way out of the condo to go buy a valentine for my valentine. I opened the front door and a flock of birds flew up in my face. (Someone had left the building's door to the roof open, and the hall was full of pigeons.) I screamed -- a sort of a manly, pirate scream, like "arrrgh!" -- and slammed the door. I probably wouldn't have been so scared if I hadn't seen a revival of Hitchcock's The Birds not so long ago at a local theater. Later on, I finally got in to see the dentist at 5:30 PM after showing up early for my 4:00 PM appointment. My Valentine's Day gift was a "Sparkle Magic Night Light," which "adds color to any room" -- and I actually sort of like it. Tonight, my valentine and I watched Wonderfalls on DVD -- one of the most weirdly entertaining comedies (if that's what it is -- it makes me laugh but it's sardonic laughter) ever made. Oh, and it was windy and wet all day, and I had to chase my hat down the street. No talking tchotchkes, though (see link). Viva la vida loca!
_

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?