Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Drives Me Nuts/Jury Duty

dRiVEs mE NutZ

I had jury duty over the last two days, though I wasn't, in the end, put on a jury. I did get on a voir dire panel, but there is no way that a defense attorney is going to let me serve as a juror on an armed-robbery case -- since I've had personal experience with that particular crime. (No, not as a perp.)

What drove me nuts about the experience was observing so many people in the jury room, waiting to possibly be put on juries, just staring into space -- for hours on end. Newspapers and magazines were available. Many people (including me) brought books. Some people even had their laptops. But these people sat doing nothing, except sighing from time to time. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?