Saturday, February 06, 2010

Pity Party!

pout
With certain very important exceptions, I think most people get what they want from me and then dump me. They get work, favors, entertainment when they're bored, even my writing (here or elsewhere) and then "move on" when I'm no longer useful or convenient. I don't think it's malice. It's more like indifference. I'm not quite useful enough, or I don't fit into the right friendship demographic. And maybe I'm just not giving or charming enough. I'm not saying I'm not partly to blame.

I can't say I've gotten used to it over the years, but it no longer surprises me much.

Maybe I'm being naive here. Maybe most people actually feel the same way and are just more stoic or numb to it or blasé about it.

Maybe I should just get over myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?