Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Photo of the Week

This is not my car

This is not my car.

Our photo of the week was snapped two weekends ago in my point of origin, West Winfield, New York -- often affectionately referred to as Wet Windshield by long-time residents. It's an intensely car- and truck-oriented place, being rural. I was passing by on foot (I'm a contrarian!) and observed this wreck sitting in an empty parking lot, as if on display. It was tattooed with a few hard-to-read corporate logos, which made me suspect that it was once some kind of stock car or, more likely, given its condition, a participant in a demolition derby. There was something fantastically melancholy and granular about this vehicular corpse -- thus the photo. (Click here for a closer view.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?