Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

"Only" about 80 degrees (27 C) here this evening. Seems refreshing after Texas, where it was 99 degrees (37 C) at midnight.... My nephew is on Facebook under the pseudonym "Bob Dylan". He used to be "goth"; now he's got an acoustic guitar and he's a...folkie, I guess? Feel confused.... Overheard on the street (one teenager talking to another): "I don't understand smart people. You have to act stupid around me!" Felt both amused and disturbed.... Staring down at the world yesterday from the plane (I like a window seat), I felt the ego melting away a bit. Rivers, highways, patchwork fields, sometimes interrupted by wispy cloud banks -- any problems seemed insignificant. Then we landed....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?