Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quote of the Day: The Twilight Zone

"We know that a dream can be real, but who ever thought that reality could be a dream? We exist, of course, but how, in what way? As we believe, as flesh-and-blood human beings, or are we simply parts of someone's feverish, complicated nightmare? Think about it, and then ask yourself, do you live here, in this country, in this world, or do you live instead...in the Twilight Zone."
–-Rod Serling

Sometimes people tell me they've had a dream about me. I'm usually not a very active participant in these dreams; usually I'm just "there", along with other people. If I'm going to be in a dream, I think I could at least be doing something interesting or impressive, like, I don't know, walking on the ceiling or draining Pakistan. Instead, I'm just driving the car or sitting on the couch. I don't know how they can even tell it's a dream.

Speaking of Mr. Serling, there is now an action figure of him you can buy...or, er, make. It involves the head of Serling and the body of Fox Mulder. Is that TZ enough for you?

2 comments:

  1. Shimmy9:15 PM

    I do believe that this is the best television series ever. Thank you Mr. Serling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best anthology series, certainly, and maybe the best TV series, period. It's hard to compare series, though, because they take different forms. Some are intended to be limited: "I Claudius" and "The Prisoner", for example, both of which could give TZ some competition for "best". And then there are series that are intended to go on ad infinitum, at least initially, even if they don't: "Lost", "Twin Peaks". Producing that type of series involves some very different challenges.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?