Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Amused: I've been reading some odd little... I hesitate to call them books. They're more like pamphlets, containing stories (true or "almost true") about 19th-century and early 20th-century Jersey City -- the Frank Hague era. Weird, legendary stuff about walking corpses and apocryphal tales about charming criminals. I received them as a gift. Sometimes the most interesting things I read come to me by accident.... Annoyed: There's a new, mostly unfunny sitcom on TV right now (my wife is controlling the remote) that has a terribly phony-sounding laugh track. It seems so retro, and not in a good way.... Grateful: A guy at work gave me a cucumber and a green pepper from his garden. Tomorrow he's bringing me tomatoes. Real ones, not digital.... Paranoid: Consider... today, someone starts talking to me as if he's met me -- acts like he knows me -- but I know he hasn't/doesn't. This makes me think people are talking about me....

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he 'knows' you from reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh....not likely.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?