Sunday, September 12, 2010

Much Ado about NOTHING

Sometimes I get obsessed with certain obscure subjects or objects. Currently, I'm obsessed with those diecast toy cars you can buy at Rite Aid and, I think, other drugstores.

They are quite accurate and detailed -- with doors and hoods that open, engines, and finished interiors -- and relatively cheap, so I've purchased several. I like the ones with the wilder styling, so I've concentrated on models from the 1950s and '60s -- the golden age of auto styling, in my opinion. The "oldest" one I have is a 1949 Ford Woody and the "newest" is a '68 Corvette. The most outrageous is a red 1959 Cadillac Eldorado convertible -- you know, the one with sky-high tailfins and rocket-tube tailights -- fully six-inches long.

I must be entering my second childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?