Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Autumnal (and industrious): I raked some leaves, picked up the cancerous-looking apples that have fallen from the tree in our backyard, and picked a pumpkin from our garden. So petit bourgeois! You'd think I lived in country hamlet (like, say, Wet Windshield, NY) rather than the second largest city in the most populous state in the nation.... Disgusted and angry: I got a letter from the hospital where I had a minor procedure done a while back. They say I may have been exposed to hepatitis C while I was there, and I need to come in for a free blood test. Eye roll! What's going to complicate this whole mess is that I had hepatitis when I was eight years old. So any blood test is going to show that I have, in fact, been exposed to hepatitis, whether or not I was exposed at the hospital. Arghhh!.... Silly: Spent too long websurfing last night, looking up obscure subjects on Wikipedia (something I tend to do when I can't sleep), and woke up really late this morning -- which means I won't get to sleep tonight, which means I'll be sleepy tomorrow. Was it worth it to learn more about M-theory? Now there's a topic with many practical applications for the life of a typo cop....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?