Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Head Rattle

I.

Hallelujah? We are only a week away from the opening of Barcade in Jersey City! OMG; praise the Lord. This event is being greeted with rapturous anticipation by several denizens I know, as if the combination of Doppelbock and Donkey Kong was a cultural orgasm on a level with the second coming. Craft beer and vintage arcade video games sound like fun, sure, but steady on the joystick there.

II.

It's quite unusual to see and overhear expensively dressed white people speaking French in a fast-food emporium in Newark, New Jersey. (Yes, I occasionally frequent such establishments when both hungry and in a hurry.) But it happened today. I don't understand French well enough to know what they were cooing about, but I like to think they were discussing Camus and existentialism over their... french fries.

III.

Someone (I know not who) named, ahem, "hotFudgeOnTop" sent me an unsolicited IM today: "Hey!" this personage said. "Hey yourself," I replied. "I was just sitting here wondering if you'd like to chat," she (?) responded, coquettishly. "Nope," I said, suddenly suspicious, and then X'd the exchange. Now I'm wondering what sort of ribald filth (on the part of "hotFudgeOnTop", of course) and/or sales pitch this chat would have devolved into. Could have been diverting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?