Saturday, April 16, 2011

Photo of the Week

gate

I like to snap pictures of gates.... I know not why.

Well, maybe I do. The name "Gates", by the way, goes all the way back to Merry Olde England, apparently to some peasant who opened and closed the portcullis of the lord's manor. Who knew that his descendents would include a mega-billionaire computer nerd and a recondite blogger.

Hundreds of thousands of humans share this name, some unsavory, and I've often wished for a more unique moniker. Even my first name is among the most popular. There are four Michaels within earshot in my office, which leads to not-always-hilarious confusion. It's too late now, but maybe I should have rechristened myself for online consumption, or just translated my nom de plume into some other language. "Miguel Puertas" has a ring to it.

Click to pic to have a religious experience. That's the Baptist Church gate on Broad Street in Newark, New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?