Sunday, May 08, 2011

Photo of the Week: Stone Face

face

This is a photo I snapped a few years ago in Newark, New Jersey, but I recently came across it again. I like that enigmatic face -- probably a woman's face, since it's on the facade of a very old Baptist Church (which I suspect was once a Catholic church), and most male religious figures are depicted with beards. It isn't obvious that she's supposed to be any biblical gal in particular, however, and it's hard to ascertain what she's cogitating on. She doesn't look particularly happy or sad. Perhaps she's bored with watching the passing traffic on Broad Street, though I'd like to think she's feeling serene or possibly, like the Mona Lisa, slightly amused by the whole thing.

I'll try to take a better version of this picture sometime. I have a better camera now. But there's no hurry, right? She's not going anywhere.

Click the pic for a more intimate encounter with lady stone face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?