Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Quote of the Day

Oh, dear! Oh, dear!
I can not hear.
Will you please
come over near?
Will you please look in my ear?
There must be something there, I fear.

Say, look!
A bird was in your ear.
But he is out. So have no fear.
Again your ear can hear, my dear.

--Dr. Seuss, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

My trip to the doctor went well today -- if you consider having a fire hose and a Roto-Rooter stuck into your left ear to be a salubrious experience. Actually, it was, in the end, since afterwards I felt much better, and I can now hear everything in stereo again. What the doctor removed from my head was not a bird.... I won't burden you with the icky details, but what came out was almost enough to make a birthday candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?