Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Head Rattle

I.

I'm like a human barometer. While I was out walking today, in the hot wind, the air felt electric and huge thunderheads were on the horizon. I was sure there was going to be a tornado...and there was, several hundred miles away. I didn't say I was a good barometer.

II.

I received another wrong number today asking for "Gina" or "Regina" -- another caller wanting a Swedish massage. This time it was a woman, though, so it seemed a bit less sordid. Once she realized that I wasn't Gina's pimp/receptionist, I got her to promise that when she does reach this Gina, she'll ask her to correct her damn flier. But the damage is done.

III.

Sarah Palin's Magical Mystery Tour temporarily stopped here in Jersey City last night -- she stayed at one of the waterfront hotels, I hear. Maybe she could see France from there. She had pizza with the Donald in NYC today.... Never trust a politician who eats pizza with a fork, I say. And in other political news of epochal significance, Anthony Weiner wears boxer briefs -- even if that isn't a photo of him, since he isn't sure if it is or isn't. If he didn't wear boxer briefs, he'd be pretty sure, right? (Bill Clinton was once asked if he wore boxers or briefs, if I recall, and never answered. Some things are best left mysterious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?