Monday, January 16, 2012

Photo of the Week

texture 2

As the weather around here has turned increasingly frigid, the skin on my hands has become extremely dry -- so dry that it cracks and bleeds around the joints sometimes. I keep forgetting to slather on moisturizer before I go out into the arctic chill, I rarely wear mittens, and the result is what you see above. Out of sheer perversity, I asked my lab technician friend to look at my hand under his microscope and photograph the damage. Ouch! Yes, that's my own personal Kalahari or Mars-scape above, magnified 250 times.

Actually, I just made that up. This is my photo of the rather odd exterior wall treatment on a building up the street from where I live. I can't decide if it's a very sloppy job of tiling or an intentional, and artistic, crackle effect. Why don't you click on it for a close up? Maybe you can tell.

~~~

Meanwhile....

"I don't necessarily love rotting bodies, but there's a texture to a rotting body that is unbelievable. Have you ever seen a little rotted animal? I love looking at those things, just as much as I like to look at a close-up of some tree bark, or a small bug, or a cup of coffee, or a small pie. You get in close and the textures are wonderful."
--David Lynch

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?