Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Photo of the Week

Newark -- Passaic River

I snapped this photo from the window of the plane, a single-engine Piper Saratoga, while I was taking my second flying lesson last Saturday. The instructor chastised me -- and got a bit hysterical -- when I took my hands off the control stick to focus the camera. But, hey, when a photo opportunity arises you have to take it, as all dedicated hobbyist photographers know. And anyway, I pulled us out of that nose-dive with no problem at all.

Actually, I just made that up. I have no desire to fly in anything other than an airliner -- as a first-class passenger. This is the view from my office window, high above the fair city of Newark, New Jersey, and the scenic Passaic River. (Click on it for a more detailed view. You know you want to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?