Sunday, April 08, 2012

Photo of the Week

house exploded

Well, now I've gone and done it. Who knew that storing fireworks in the same cabinet with baking soda and dish-washing liquid would have such volatile consequences? Good thing I wasn't home when the house went kablooey. And good thing this motel has a decent internet connection, or you might be wondering if I'd fulminated myself to kingdom come.

Actually, I just made that up. I'm in my rural Upstate New York hometown this holiday weekend, and I happened across this disaster while out wandering on the other side of the tracks. Who knows what happened? It could have been an explosion, it could have been a fire -- or it could have been termites. Anyway, I thought it would make an interesting photo. Beautiful is boring. Click the pic for a closer view if you agree.

~~~

Meanwhile....

The New York Times quoted one of the poetic sentences I sent them (see the April 3rd post below) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?