Monday, May 28, 2012

Photo of the Week

fish face

There's something strange about this new fish I've added to my aquarium. He keeps staring at me. He floats very still in his 10-gallon box, gazing at me with those penetrating eyes. It's as if he's accusing me of something malicious or insane. I keep fish in order to observe them, but instead he observes me, night and day, until I think I may be going mad -- as deranged as a character out of Edgar Allan Poe. That almost human fish face, with it's devilish little goatee, chills me to the marrow. It's to the point where I'm thinking of scooping this scaly monster out of his glass prison and letting him asphyxiate -- then "burying him a sea", as it were, with a simple pull on the flush handle.

Actually, I just made that up. This is a big, rather friendly fish I recently had a staring contest with through a glass wall at the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City, New Jersey. Click the pic to get up close and personal with this handsome fellow. He's not just another pretty face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?