Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Photo of the Week

cat

Meow! This is one of the visual aids that Dr. Hester Cayte, a certified hypnotherapist I know, uses in her office. Staring at it for a period of five minutes or more puts subjects into a deep hypnotic trance. They can then receive post-hypnotic suggestions to stop smoking, gain confidence, decrease their nail biting, or even lose their ailurophobia -- fear of cats.

Actually, I just made that up. This is a feline portrait entitled Big Kit by a local artist friend. I like it partly because it looks eerily like "Max", the cat I had as a kid. The image was created using masking tape; yes, that's nothing but black and white masking tape on a cat-head-shaped board. I think it is rather hypnotic, don't you?

Click the kitty for a close-up look. You may start to feel very sleepy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?