Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Photo of the Week

haunted house

I guess it's time to paint my house.

My dilemma: what color to paint it. White is too boring; all the other houses on the street are white. Beige is dull, too. Blue is too cold, for a house, in my opinion. Yellow or pink? Too feminine. Red? Too flashy. I never wanted to live in a green house -- the grass and trees are green, and a house should stand out. Gray? It's already 50 shades of gray. Maybe I'll just leave it as is, and continue to endure all the "haunted house" jokes. At least it makes a cool setting for our annual Halloween party.

Actually, I just made that up. This is a house I saw during a recent excursion to upstate New York, where Victorian manses abound, in various states of repair and coloration. If this was my house, I think I might paint it... papaya whip.

Click the pic for a creepy close-up view. If you look carefully, you'll see moss growing on this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?