Monday, November 19, 2012

Photo of the Week

marilyn bookshelf

Yes, I keep a poster-size photo of Marilyn Monroe on top of my bookcase. This is so I am reminded of "MM", the Roman numerals for the number 2,000, which reminds me of $2,000, which is how much I need to save up to buy a serious camera, so I can shoot artistic close-up portraits, like that iconic one of Marilyn Monroe.

Actually, I just made that up -- although I do need a new camera. My SLR was stolen recently, so I've been using my iPhone camera, which is okay for routine shots, but not for art photography -- although I'm not particularly interested in creating close-up portraits. If someone of Monroe's pulchritude came along, though, I'd want to be prepared.

Anyway, that's not my bookcase. I shot this pic while visiting an artist's atelier during this fall's Jersey City Artists Studio Tour. Click the pic for a sexy close-up view... of the book titles on the spines, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?