Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Random Sequence

[random phrases (from here) worked into a story]

Maximal Hooey: A Love Story

"That's just maximal hooey," said hunky Dr. Quentin Kraft, who, in addition to being a corporate scientist, was sort of a semantic nabob. "Supernatural flimflam," he added, addressing his new laboratory assistant, the lovely Melinda Beaker. They were hard at work testing a new type of mouthwash, or at least Melinda was.

"Concerning polymerization..." Melinda began.

"Subatomic nefariousness," Quentin interrupted.

"Meaning what?" Melinda asked. "The projected dysfunction did not not occur. Therefore..."

"Supernatural flimflam!" Quentin repeated.

"I am trying to convey experimental results, Dr. Kraft," said Melinda. "I'm not engaging in metaphysical speculation."

"I'll be the judge of that," Quentin said. Then he did a cartwheel. "Look at me! I'm a centrifuge!" he exclaimed.

"Doctor! What is the matter with you?" Melinda gasped.

"I think it's the nitrogenous carbonation," he replied while staggering back to his feet. "It's doing strange things to me. I feel giddy!"

"Oh, you didn't gargle with it?" Melinda asked. "Why would you do such a dangerous, unprofessional thing?"

"I accidentally swallowed some, I'm afraid. I had sauteed garlic and onions for lunch and didn't want to offend you, my dear." Quentin gave the stunned Melinda a sloppy kiss on the lips.

"Weeee," he squealed. "I think it may contain too much alcohol."

The mouthwash never made it to market, but it proved to be a potent ice-breaker, as Quentin and Melinda were married the following June.

[not to be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?