Monday, December 10, 2012

Head Rattle

I.
I'm proofing my book -- and making some changes. There's no deadline, but I want to finish it before the end of the year. If the world ends this December (when that Mayan calendar runs out), as some people fear, I don't want to leave anything half finished.

II.
Overheard on the train: "I wonder what it's like to be a tree and fall on somebody." Must admit, I've never thought about that.

III.
A colleague writes: "There is such a thing as Sasquatch erotica. I quit humanity." There is such a thing as audio (only) erotica, too, which seems almost as absurd to me.

IV.
"I have a question about the subjunctive," someone says. "Ought oh," I say.

V.
My wyfe has purchased a collapsible "travel" hula hoop. (Don't ask.) Wish I'd known she wanted that and had waited. My Xmas shopping would be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?