Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Much Ado about NOTHING (Fluff)

It was my own personal energy crisis. I was having extreme difficulty charging my iPhone. The "white male" plug would not fit straight into the phone's, uh, lady part. I thought some of the pins in there had become bent, perhaps, or I wasn't "doing it right". I was afraid I would have to take the thing for repair to the dreaded Verizon store -- always an ordeal almost on the level of visiting the Kafkaesque Department of Motor Vehicles.

Then I examined the phone's little docking bay under bright sunlight and discovered there was a lot of...fluff in there. You know, lint. I normally keep the phone in my pocket, and apparently I've been shoving it in right side up, instead of upside down -- and topsy turvy is, if you want to keep it clean down there, actually the right way. (Confusing, I know.) That exposed the socket to the bottom of my pocket -- where lint colonies thrive and multiply. So I took a safety pin and excavated all the flocculent detritus from the phone's Lady Jane. And then that badboy charger fit right in. Oh joy and rapture! So if you're having trouble charging it up, you may need to do some probing. Be gentle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?