Monday, February 25, 2013

Photo of the Week

rolls royce

When I called the taxi/livery service to take me to the airport, I didn't expect this posh old jalopy to show up. The driver, who kept calling me Mickey for some reason, explained that this ancient Rolls Royce is usually used by their company only for parades and promotional events. But all their Lincoln Town Cars were busy that day -- a podiatrist convention was in town -- or in the shop, he said. So I rolled along to Newark Airport feeling like Jay Gatsby on his way to West Egg (or East Egg?). Too bad there wasn't any bootleg libation in the backseat mini-bar.

Actually, I just made that up. This is a Roll Royce I spied while strolling down Kennedy Boulevard -- not the type of car you see on the street in Jersey City every day. It was parked outside of a church, so I assume it had something to do with a wedding. Click on the pic for a close up view, will ya? You will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?