Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Photo of the Week

shrubpot

The local library has this big, baroque flowerpot outside. It's usually empty, which seems a shame, so last December I asked them if they wanted my Xmas tree, the potted one I had bought for a change. (I hate throwing away a dead, desiccated Xmas tree.) To my surprise, the library accepted. So now A Tree Grows in...Jersey City.

Actually, I just made that up. This is a planter I photographed outside a famous residence on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. (I think the building is called The Wyoming, The Montana, or something like that.) Lately, I've been visiting a relative in that neighborhood every Saturday and meanwhile re-familiarizing myself with the area's many stunning architectural details.

Click the pic for a closer view. It gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?