Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Word of the Day: erinaceous

What's "the word I'm thinking of"? Today, it's....

erinaceous (adjective)

Like a hedgehog

"I felt no compunction about sticking a pig, if I could get near one, and all sympathy was for myself. To part company with your saddle, and to fall near these erinaceous brigands, is to be ripped from thigh to chin by their sharp tusks before there is time for rescue."
--Price Collier, The West in the East From an American Point of View (1911)

The one time I grew a little beard, I couldn't stop stroking my erinaceous chin like some evil mastermind plotting a global takeover.

~~~

Meanwhile....

William Shakespeare's Birthday Flowchart. Honoring his day of nativity. His exact birthday is unknown, but he was christened on April 23rd, which means he was born sometime earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?