Thursday, April 23, 2015

Link Mania: Let's 'bang-a-bonk'!

Shakespeare Vocabulary, Part 1
It's Shakespeare's birthday (and also his death day)! Can you say "moiety"? I'm so glad my name isn't Jake Froward.

~~~

17 weird ways to say weird
Including my fave, "ostrobogulous" (TWITO, page 105). Zonky, flaky, zany, wacky -- the letter Y apparently signals weird.

~~~

50 Old British Dialect Words to Incorporate into Conversation
"Why call it beer when you can call it 'cuddle-me-buff'?" Indeed. (Go ahead. Ask someone if they would like to "bang-a-bonk". I dare you.)

~~~

24+ Brilliant New Words We Should Add to a Dictionary
I don't normally post slang words and neologisms, but these were too good to pass up. And I hate to admit it, but I sometimes do have a chairdrobe and even a floordrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?