Monday, March 11, 2002

Six months today. Sometimes, it seems like six years. Other times, it feels like six weeks, or six days. I think it's a little early for all the commemoration and TV specials. September 11, 2002, would be soon enough (for me). CBS aired a documentary about "that day" last night, but I didn't watch it. At the request of my wife, I taped it for later viewing. I'm not sure when that will be, though. My wife, who worked in Building 7 of the World Trade Center, doesn't feel quite ready to watch it yet. I am looking forward to the "Towers of Light" that will be switched on over the Manhattan skyline tonight, which we'll be able to see from our local park. I miss those towers....If you want to read about my "911" experience, and my recollections of visiting the WTC, it's all in an essay I wrote,The Towers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?