Friday, August 30, 2002

Prove it

President Kennedy did a wise thing during the Cuban missile crisis. He made public the U2 spy photographs that proved conclusively that the Soviets were installing nuclear missiles in Cuba. And many countries around the world supported the US in that conflict (at least rhetorically, I think). We need something similar now, I believe. Before we go to war with Iraq, I want to see evidence--photographs or some other kind of hard proof--that Sadam Hussein is truly building "weapons of mass destruction" that he can soon use against other countries. I want to see proof that this isn't just a Bush family vendetta against the biggest thorn in Bush Senior's side. Otherwise, it seems that the US would have to go into this war alone, with no support from allies in the Arab world or even in Europe. And I don't think the US can win that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?