Wednesday, August 21, 2002

Dog Days

God, I hate August. Summer camp is over, school hasn't started yet, and while I attempt to get some work done, my 11-year-old wants to use the computer every five minutes. For some reason, I always seem to have a tremendous work load this month, too--people are on vacation and need freelancers to cover for them, and everybody is trying to ready their projects for the fall. I even had to take the laptop with me so I could keep up while we visited my parents in upstate New York last weekend. I shouldn't complain, though--I love working at home, and having a lot of work is a blessing. It's just hard to juggle it all, sometimes, especially when the temperature is 105 outside and I feel like a soggy towel every time I step out of my home/office. Bitch, bitch, bitch . . . . Time for a lemonade.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?