Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Ah-Choo

Ah-Choo

I have a bad cold, the first one I've had in a long time, and it's sapped a lot of my energy (which is why I haven't been posting here much). To reduce the symptoms, I've been taking Suphedrine, a no-name, non-drowsy knock-off of Sudafed. It dries up my sinuses and stops the coughing, but makes me feel like I'm living in a dream world. I have a slight feeling of unreality and apathy, as if I'm watching the world go by on a movie screen. It doesn't bother me too much, except when I'm driving.

Selecting a cold medication at a drugstore can be a challenge. Six-hour relief, 12-hour relief, non-drowsy formula, sleep-enhancing formula, quick acting or long lasting, nasal decongestant or cough suppressant (or both), name brand or drug-store brand . . . And still no cure for this affliction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?