Monday, January 17, 2005

Deep Thoughts

Deep Thoughts

Very cold here today. Little rivulets of ice on the sidewalks. You have to do some fancy footwork to avoid a spill . . . I see lots of people walking around with scarves tied over their mouths. No hat -- just a scarf over the mouth, like a bank robber from the Old West. And they say 90 percent of your body heat escapes from the top or your head (not your mouth). And cold air doesn't cause colds--germs do. Mysterious . . . There's some demolition work going on in the apartment below mine. Walls are being torn out, and my floor is vibrating. I don't live in an earthquake zone, but I imagine that this is what it's like . . . Saw a picture of myself in the local arts newsweekly today -- or rather a dark smudge where I was sitting in the audience at a poetry reading a couple of weeks ago. I'm just a gray blob head with two glowing eyes, but at least I'm not the only one . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?