Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

A WTF moment: Saw a woman wheeling a stroller, and inside was a chihuahua dressed in a ... dress.... I'm currently "reading" The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. Feeling admiration, again, for Murakami's surreal take on daily living -- and puzzlement over his obsession with cats. Some of the book involves lucid dreaming, I understand, though I haven't reached that part yet. Someone on the radio last night said: "Lucid dreaming is the leading cause of accidental suicide. People think they're asleep." That struck me as extremely funny for some reason.... All these people trying to give me The Watchtower (you know, that Jehovah's Witnesses' magazine) give me the creeps. There seem to be more and more of them. They're always standing around at Newark Penn Station, smiling enigmatically. And this morning, on my way to Journal Square, I passed a woman on the Boulevard who asked, very politely, "Something to read this morning, sir?" as she held out that rag. "No thank you," I said. "Have a nice day," she said. I know what she was thinking, though: "You'll burn in eternal hell fire, you damn foolish sinner"....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?