Sunday, February 28, 2010

Word of the Day: floccinaucinihilipilificate

floccinaucinihilipilificate (v) (say it 10 times fast)

To judge something to be worthless.

"...floccinaucinihilipilificate and/or shut up and die like an aviator and/or do a thelma and louise ending and/or work out your own salvation..."
--Darren Wershler-Henry, Tapeworm Foundry

Is there anything as worthless as a penny? I don't know why I keep jars full of them. I don't know why I pick them up off the sidewalk. They aren't even made of pure copper anymore, because that would make each one worth more than one cent, and people would melt them down, though the juice wouldn't be worth the effort to squeeze, if you ask me. (Now they're mostly made of zinc, which is itself pretty worthless, unless you have a cold. I wonder if sucking on a penny would be as effective as sucking on a zinc lozenge.) Someone suggested they could be used as as a training tool for Jedi to practice lightsaber deflection. And I suppose you could spin them on the table at the diner for amusement while waiting for your tuna melt to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?