Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Much Ado about NOTHING

Owing to some major renovations going on in my home, I am unable to take a shower. Yikes! Instead, I have to take baths. Below is what I wrote a few years ago when I found myself in a similar situation. Still all too true...

I haven't taken a bath in years. No, it's not a lack of hygiene; it's that I'm a shower man. To me, a bath seems like a luxury, a waste of time and water. "Drawing" the bath, carefully lowering myself in, feeling around for the soap or sponge like a scavenging fish after some smaller sea creature, then washing myself in slow motion, as one tends to do underwater--it all seems very leisurely and Victorian. Then, too, I don't know how to wash my hair in the bathtub. But my main problem is that it feels . . . delightful. It's like a trip back to the womb, and I'm tempted to linger and savor it--not good if I have to be somewhere in an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?