Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Marilyn Monroe Robot

Do robots dream of electric sheep?

I doubt it, but they can probably count them really well . . . I've always like robots, ever since I was a wee lad watching Lost in Space. And I've always had a, well, warm feeling for Marilyn Monroe, my favorite sex symbol/icon. So it was that I was pleasantly surprised to stumble across the Marilyn Monrobot. She's joined on artist Clayton Bailey's site by several other "robots," including the "Giant Metal Robug" and "Celeste the Robot Teabag"--all artfully constructed from spare parts.

I'm sure we'll see a much more sophisticated Monrobot in a few years -- probably some kind of android that looks like her, or maybe a digital comeback on the silver screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?