Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Tense. Someone, a long-distance yet close relative, wants a specific Xmas gift that is only available from [a river in Brazil], where it is listed as "temporarily out of stock". No alternate selection has been indicated. The elves had better get assiduous.

Relieved. The stupid war in Iraq is officially over. War is over, if you want it.... But it can take a tragically long time.

Amused. At the Xmas party I attended today, a confrere showed up with his pet ferret. It was a cacophonous party, complete with pounding DJ drumbeats, but the crepuscular little mammal kept his eyes closed, apparently asleep. When I rubbed its forehead, however, he stretched and revived a bit, clearly enjoying the brow massage.

Here are words I never thought I would say: "May I rub your ferret?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?