Thursday, December 20, 2012

Photo of the Week

Santa door

This is where Santa lives when he's visiting Jersey City, which he does quite often, since this is about the last place you'd expect to find him. Sometimes he just wants to get away from the paparazzi. And the elves. But really, this is where local weirdo Santos Hernandez lives. He's an older man, a bit overfed, and he has a white beard. He enjoys letting the younger children of the neighborhood think that he really is Santa Claus. "What do you want for Christmas, little boy?" It's creepy if you ask me.

Actually, I just made that up. This is simply a rather lame attempt at Xmas decoration on a building a block from where I live. I like the bold, colorful wrought-iron work combined with the pathetic Santa face. It says something poignant, I think, but I'm not sure what. Click on the pic for a closer view and maybe you can figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?