Sunday, May 05, 2013

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

Irked. I never get as much done as I want on the weekend. It didn't help that today is Cinco de Mayo, and I got caught up in the celebration.

Cheered. At least I finally got my damn book published today. The literary world can now breathe a happy sigh of relief. Details to come.

Befuddled. I was riding the PATH train today, when some people with small children got on. I wondered if I should get up and let one of them sit down, but there were a few empty seats in the car, so I decided they must want to stand for some reason. I got off at the next stop, and one of them promptly sat down in the seat I had just vacated. Only to make me feel like a jerk?

Reluctant. The landline keeps ringing every evening lately, but I don't answer it. There's a mayoral election coming up in about 10 days, and I know it's either a robo-call or someone claiming to be taking a poll. Generally speaking, a landline call is never a welcome interruption.

Perplexed. It must really be spring now; I'm confused about what to wear. It was sunny but coolish, so today I wore a short-sleeved polo shirt under a jacket. Cognitive dissonance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?