Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

My train was delayed this morning, because of "police activity". Annoying. When it finally got rolling, I could see what the problem was: a car was on one of the parallel tracks -- upside down. I couldn't tell if it was a Toyota.... Feeling amused by an audiobook called 2-minute Film Noir, a series of vignettes voiced by talented actors (with plenty of outer-borough accents). Lots of satirical scams, shoot-outs, and shadowy shenanigans, including some with a Twilight Zoneish twist.... Happy about the nice weather lately. Forty degrees and no precipitation equals "nice" after the snowpocalypse we had not long ago... twice.... Had a David Lynch moment at the drugstore while standing in line for the check-out. A very tall, blonde transvestite (I think) was ahead of me and singing along, loudly, to a Loretta Lynn song on the P.A. system. Then, when she got to the register, she kept asking the cashier (a young, puzzled, Middle Eastern-looking guy) if he thought the make-up she was buying was the right shade for her....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?