Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Random Thoughts

I sometimes regret that I don't write about what I'm really thinking, probably because I think it would be too embarrassing. But what the hell. Here are some things that crossed my mind today:

October is the month of constantly opening and closing windows, and putting on and taking off jackets. It's very confusing. Still, it's better than July and August, when I feel like I'm living at the equater when I'm outside and living in a refridgerator when I'm inside.

How many photographs of Marilyn Monroe exist? There must be millions of them. I'm always seeing photos of her in magazines, on TV or in shop windows, etc., that I've never seen before. She must have been the most photographed person in history.

Why does my voice sound so different on tape than it does in my head? I record interviews with people for articles I write, and when I play them back, I think I sound like a neurotic adolescent. Or is it just that the tape speed is slightly too fast?

Why does the TV picture get better (or, sometimes, worse) when I move closer to the TV? What kind of weird electrical fields am I generating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?