Monday, December 06, 2004

Consciousness Streamed

Consciousness Streamed

How many versions of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" are there? Every time I turn on the radio in the car (which my wife keeps tuned to the "all holiday classics" station) I hear it. I'm getting plenty sick of this treacly musical endorsement of marital infidelity . . . I can never find the right pen for me -- either the ink is too light and hard to read or it's easy to read but bleeds through to the other side of the paper. Maybe I need thicker paper, not a better pen . . . Watched a two-hour documentary about Ben Franklin on The History Channel last night. Their conclusion: Franklin remains an enduring mystery, a man of many masks, perhaps because he had "no inner life." Is that possible? Can someone be that wise, successful and influential and essentially be a mindless robot? . . . Misty tonight -- hard to decide whether to use an umbrella or not. I didn't feel any drops, but I saw them in the nimbus surrounding a street light. Is it raining or not? I decided not to bother with the umbrella, then came home damp but not "wet." So much ambiguity . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?