Friday, May 13, 2005

Connections

Connections

Friday the 13th and nothing (particularly) unlucky has happened. It's almost disappointing. I even had some good luck today: I found convenient parking places everywhere I went in the car, despite living in a dense little city whose layout dates to the horse-and-buggy era -- which means parking lots are as rare as, well, wide open spaces. Speaking of large spaces, I attended an event this evening in an enormous high-school auditorium that doubles as a gymnasium. The acoustics were terrible, and it was almost impossible to make out what was being said in the (projection) video. It was as if the soundtrack was in some loud, guttural foreign language that gave me a slight headache. Luckily, I could follow the narrative pretty well from the images and the titles that occasionally flashed on the screen. It might better have been a silent film. Speaking of films, I can't remember if I've ever seen any of the Friday the 13th films. I get them confused with the Halloween movies.
_

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?