Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Way I Feel

I finally figured out what to say to the Spanish-speaking woman who keeps calling me and asking for "Maria". I said "numero incorrecto", and instead of mumbling "uh? uh?" as she usually does when I say "wrong number" in English, she slammed down the phone. Felt pleased.... It's raining. Again. Feel exasperated.... We ate lunch at a soul food/health food restaurant in Newark today. Felt like "the white people," a little, but the food was good. I had the East Mississippi (fish) sandwich.... Watched Lost tonight. As usual, felt mystified - not a bad feeling, necessarily, if it's combined with entertainment. Just wondering how exploding a hydrogen bomb is going to solve anything....

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?