Saturday, November 07, 2009

Symbols, Lost and Found

Boing Boing has an interesting article on The Lost Symbol, freemasonry, and noetic science (which is a real thing). I have a professional interest in a certain aspect of The Lost Symbol, which I won't go into; suffice it to say it's given me a few headaches, and I'll wait for the movie. My father was a Mason, but never talked about it, at least to me. I didn't even realize it until after he died. My mother says he wasn't particularly fond of the organization, at least in its local manifestation. I know now what those odd magazines I saw around the house were about....

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty unaware of noetic science until the book, and have now been doing some reading to catch up! I had earlier found the article you refer to and it was indeed quite interesting. For those who doubt "The Lost Symbol" is based on real science, Lynne McTaggert and her book "The Intention Experiment should be looked at. The book decodes the science in language we ordinary readers can understand -- and all the experiments and equipment Brown describes are in her book, and used by real-life scientists.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?